Professional Development for Our Philadelphia Area Tutors
A+ Test Prep and Tutoring holds professional development meetings for our tutors every spring and fall. The purpose of these meetings is to provide our tutors with training and information on skills and topics important in our work as tutors.
The topics discussed at each meeting are different, but generally include information from the latest educational research, best practices, and specific training in curriculum.
Recent professional development meetings have focused on:
- Initial Lessons Learned About the "New" SAT Given in March, 2016
- The Redesigned SAT and ACT Essays
- Executive Function Coaching
- The Teenage Brain
- The College Admissions Process
- Techniques for Teaching Reading Comprehension
Interested in becoming an A+ Tutor? Click here.