A new website, College Completion, created by The Chronicle for Higher Education, provides a wealth of data on college graduation rates across a variety of factors. If you are interested in researching graduation rates in your state, you can easily find that information on the homepage of the site.
All colleges are tagged with one or more of the following “sectors” which allow a user to easily search for a specific type of college: public, private,for-profit, size of freshman class, 2-year college, and 4-year college.
So, for example, if you would like to compare college graduation rates for small, private, 4-year colleges in New Jersey, you can quickly enter those four criteria and the website instantly provides you with graduation rates for all colleges that meet those criteria.
The website provides you with the following information about each college:
- Percentage of entering freshmen who graduate in 4 years
- Percentage of entering freshmen who graduate in 6 years
- Number of undergraduate students enrolled
- Median SAT scores
- Percentage or students receiving Pell Grants
- Amount of money spent per degree granted
- Average financial aid provided per student
For students and parents researching colleges, this new website adds a valuable source of information conveniently displayed so that you can easily compare amongst the colleges that fit your chosen criteria.