Information Updated as of June 18, 2020
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, many aspects of our daily lives have changed, including scheduled administrations of important college admissions tests. The SAT, ACT, and AP exams have all been affected. In order to stay on track, keep updated on the latest information, continue to actively prepare for your tests, and take advantage of free resources offered by A+ Test Prep and Tutoring.
SAT exams scheduled for June 6, 2020 have been canceled. The next SAT exam date is August 29, 2020. College Board is planning to add an extra test date in September, 2020 but the exact date has not been announced yet. All current updates on the SAT, including details about refunds and SAT Subject Tests, can be found at the College Board.
The next national ACT test date is July 18. You can find more information about ACT changes on its website.
How to Stay Active
Instead of losing ground due to delays, adapt to the cancellations and changes to the SAT/ACT and AP Exams by setting up a new study plan that enables you to develop new skills while maintaining the skills you have already mastered.
Here are some suggestions to guide your planning:
- Take at least one full practice test for every six hours of study time, so try scheduling 90- minutes of test prep a week and one practice test a month in April and May.
- Make the most out of practice tests by reviewing each wrong answer and identifying topics for further study.
- Use free resources to locate lessons and practice exercises related to those topics.
- Khan Academy
- Full-length practice tests
- Personalized learning tools
Students can also use the next month to prepare for their at-home AP Exams. These exams will be open book/open note free-response questions, so any study plan should include organizing notes and writing practice responses.
- AP Online Courses
- AP Classroom (unlock relevant free-response questions you will see on exams)
- Tips for Success on Open Book/Open Note Exams
How A+ Can Help
A+ Test Prep and Tutoring would like to help parents and students navigate the challenges caused by cancellations and changes by offering information, support, and other services. Before taking the actual SAT or ACT in June, students who were preparing for the March and May SAT or the April ACT will be able to access additional services at no charge. A+ will also reach out directly to each family to discuss student’s test prep plans.
A+ will offer the following to our students and to the community:
- Free Weekly Workshops (via Zoom) that cover topics from the SAT and ACT
- Free online proctored exams for the SAT and ACT starting on April 4
- NEXT Exam ACT June 27th
- Discounted additional 1:1 test prep sessions to students already enrolled in a test-prep program (discount will be 20%)
- 1:1 remote tutoring for SAT, ACT, and AP exams
- AP Exam free response question review service
During this challenging time, please contact us if you have any questions, and let us know how we can best address your needs.
At A+ Test Prep and Tutoring, our practices are based on the latest developments in educational theory and research. We have an excellent team of tutors who can help you with standardized testing, executive functioning, or achievement in any other school subject. If you want to find out more about our services, our Client Service Directors Anne Stanley and Susan Ware can be reached at 215-886-9188.